Table of Contents
You may dream of having a million followers on Instagram. However, the reality is more likely to be that the account has been running for a while and still doesn’t have many followers.
In fact, there are many effective and free ways to increase your Instagram followers in the long run. In this post, I’ll share with you 15 free ways (and one paid way) to attract more followers on Instagram – especially quality followers.
15 Ways to Increase Instagram Followers
- Plan a personal or corporate Profile
- Promote your Instagram
- Try different types of content
- Post useful or interesting content
- Keep the content and tone of Instagram posts consistently
- Choose the best time to publish
- Use relevant subject tags to attract new users
- Tag relevant users
- Collaborate with Instagram influencers
- Interacting on Instagram
- Hosting events
- Grasp hot trends & participate in hot topics
- Stay informed of new platform features
- Analyze your competitors
- Place ads on Instagram
1. Carefully plan personal or corporate Profile
One of the easiest ways to get more Instagram followers is to make sure your Instagram account is set up correctly.
Your Instagram profile is the most important asset in your account. It’s where users can learn more about your brand, your website, and your overall online presence.
Make your personal or business profile as useful and interesting as possible to attract more Instagram followers by following some of these tips:
- Display a recognizable avatar, such as your photo or brand logo.
- Use an easily searchable account name. Use your brand name or use a username that is consistent with your channel’s social media channels.
- Your name can be any name you like, up to 30 characters. If it is a business account, it is recommended to include your brand and the most relevant keywords in the name field.
- Provide your website address. This is essential to convert Instagram followers into meaningful traffic or customers. If you need to add multiple links to your Instagram profile, you can use Linktree to package multiple links together.
- Add emojis to convey emotion, character and personality.
- Verify your account. The little blue tick provides credibility, trust and authenticity to your brand.
2. Promote your Instagram everywhere
If your goal is to attract more followers, don’t be shy about promoting your Instagram, here are some common ways to do so.
(1) Cross-promote on other social media channels. You can place your Instagram account information in the Profile summary of other social media channels, or you can repost Instagram-specific content or announcements on other social media channels. For example, you can talk about the upcoming IG Live via TikTok or Facebook.
(2) Add social media icons to your website and marketing emails.
(3) Place your post in a blog post.
- Use Instagram QR codes as another easy way to promote your account on your website and physical materials such as product packaging.
3. Try different types of content
One of the major differences between Instagram and other popular social media platforms is that it supports many different content formats. Each type of content has its advantages and all you need to do is choose the right one to showcase different aspects of your brand.
Feed posts: showcase the best quality photos and videos.
Snapshots: Snapshots are only available for 24 hours, but 57% of brands find them “somewhat effective” or “very effective” as part of their social media strategy. Instagram snappers offer a number of interactive features to engage users, such as polls, questions and chat stickers. In addition, if you have a verified account or at least 10,000 followers, you can add links to Instagram snaps to drive traffic to specific pages.
Reels: Especially good for entertainment-oriented videos, Reels look larger than photo posts on Explore pages, and the extra visual space can have a big impact on the number of people you reach.
IGTV: IGTV videos can be up to 60 minutes long, so this type of content is ideal for longer videos. In addition, IGTV videos are also 4 times larger than photos on the Explore page.
IG Live: Live video, great for tutorials and AMAs.
While certain content types may have higher engagement rates, I recommend that you mix multiple types of content in Instagram. If a person likes and comments on Instagram Reels more often than other types of posts, they will likely see more Reels in their Instagram feed. However, if another person interacts more frequently with rotating posts, they will see more of that content type in their timeline.
Different types of content allow you to reach people with different preferences, and this can help you increase your Instagram followers.
4. Post useful or interesting content
This is critical to your entire social media operations strategy – not just Instagram. when you can make your Instagram followers feel useful or happy, you will see a growth in followers. So, what types of content are more popular on Instagram?
Useful: Relevant to your industry and the needs of your audience. Facts, opinions, news, advice, etc.
Follower-appropriate: talks about values, lifestyles, personalities, etc. that are relevant to your fans.
Interactive: keeps you entertained! Polls, questions, challenges, viral content, etc.
Entertaining: attracts and keeps attention. For example, attractive design, humorous content, etc.
You can use Instagram analytics tools to see data on all your content, including reach, engagement, and more. You can also find demographic information about your followers, including gender, age, and location. Regularly reviewing this data can help you adjust your content strategy to help you get more followers on Instagram.
5. Keep the content and tone of Instagram posts consistent
Creating content and providing value is the foundation of your ability to attract attention, and doing so consistently will help you retain them.
First, you need to keep posting content on Instagram regularly. Second, you’d better keep your Instagram content consistent with the tone – so users can recognize you more quickly.
Because there are so many people on Instagram competing for attention, you need to stand out to get noticed. A clear visual content style sets you apart from the competition and makes it easier for people to recognize your brand.
6. Choose the best time to publish
In order to get maximum engagement on your Instagram posts, you need to post videos or images at the times when your audience is most active. By doing this, you will get more people to interact with your posts. And more post interactions means you’ll have a higher chance of being promoted by Instagram to other users who are more likely to follow you.
So, when is the best time to post to Instagram? It can vary wildly from industry to industry, but you can find out when your audience is online with Instagram Insights. Click on “Effectiveness Analytics” in your Instagram profile or friends, scroll to “Your Audience” and then click “View All”. Scroll to the bottom to find the times when your audience is most active.
7. Use relevant subject tags to attract new users
The text of your Instagram posts is not searchable, but the hashtags you add are. Using subject-related captions is a great way to attract followers on Instagram for free.
Related Hashtags can not only help people find your content, but Instagram users can also follow them. This means that your hashtag content may appear to users who are not already following you.
Here are the steps for using hashtags in Instagram posts or snaps.
Step 1: Find hashtags that are relevant and popular with your brand; common types of hashtags include: branded hashtags, event hashtags, universally appealing hashtags, niche-specific hashtags, real-time hashtags, and entertaining hashtags.
Step 2: Try using different keywords to describe your brand and products to create a list of hashtag keywords; create groups of hashtags that can be recycled for different posts.
Step 3: If your competitors or similar accounts have the target followers (consumers) you desire, you can also mimic the hashtags they use.
Step 4: Use hashtags or topic sticker tags in posts or Instagram snaps.
You can use up to 30 topic hashtags in your Instagram posts, but we don’t recommend overdoing it.
8. Tag relevant users
Tagging Instagram users in photos is easy. Just use @-mention in the caption or use Instagram’s tagging feature in the post.
Users receive notifications when they are tagged, so tagging encourages them to view and share the post. Your posts will also appear on their Instagram profile’s “Tag” tab.
You can also tag users in Instagram snaps. They can then post the shared content to their story with just a few taps. At that point, they can also click on the video to access your account.
However, please note that you can only tag users who appear in your photos or are related to the content of your posts, and you can’t tag others at will.
In addition, you can also do the opposite – encourage other Instagram users to tag you. When they tag you in a post, their viewers will see your account. If they want more information, they can click on it. Your personal Profile is a great place to encourage people to tag you.
9. Collaborate with Instagram influencers
Here’s an important statistic for anyone considering attracting more followers on Instagram: 60% of consumers say they follow a brand on Instagram after seeing an influencer they trust promote it.
If you haven’t partnered with an Instagrammer for brand promotion, it’s time to think about it.
10. Interacting on Instagram (following, liking and commenting on other posts)
In order to increase your followers quickly, you need to regularly interact with your existing followers.
This is because increasing engagement on your account affects Instagram’s algorithm, which shows your account to more people. As a result, more people can view your Instagram account and potentially follow you.
Here are some of the best ways to interact with users:
- Reply to user comments on your posts and you choose the 3 best comments to top.
- Engage with users on their posts and build relationships beyond your own content by leaving interesting and engaged comments on content from potential customers, relevant webmasters and affiliates.
- In addition to connecting with creators with similar ideas, try following a few hashtags that are relevant to your brand and interacting with posts that use them. This is another great way to increase engagement.
- You can even choose to receive notifications of new posts from designated accounts so you can comment early and increase the likelihood of your comments being seen.
11. Increase fans by hosting events
Hosting various types of events on Instagram is a great way to help you gain more followers. These events typically offer some sort of prize, and then encourage users to participate in the event.
Most centrally, in encouraging users to participate, you need campaign rules that will require users to:
Follow your account;
Comment on your posts;
Add event tags.
12. Grasp hot trends & participate in hot topics
When a hotspot appears, you can follow the trend and align the content of your posts with the trending topic or hashtag to increase the discoverability of your posts and user engagement.
You can follow hot topics and participate in trending topics or events in a relevant way to increase engagement and reach.
It is also possible to take advantage of the many holiday hashtags that already exist (please mark relevant holidays in your calendar so you can prepare relevant content in advance), especially celebrating holidays celebrated by your fans and marking the location in your posts to be more likely to gain goodwill.
13. Stay informed of new platform features
Social media is growing at lightning speed. When TikTok became popular, Instagram responded with Reels. As Reels became widely available, Instagram’s various algorithms became more favorable to Reels content.
Therefore, it’s important to keep up with platform trends. If Instagram releases a new feature, you should try out as many of these features as possible to give your content more custodial opportunities and thus gain more followers.
14. Analyze your competitors
Have a competitor you just can’t seem to catch up with? Why not take a moment to do a little social media competition analysis and study the content, frequency, timing and format of their posts. You may discover new content ideas, types of content and the best times to post. These can help you attract more of your target audience.
15. Consider placing ads on Instagram
Well, it’s not the way to get free Instagram followers. Unlike posts and snaps that are only visible to your current audience, Instagram ads are shown to a much wider and more relevant audience. You can reach a large number of people in a specific demographic or target group by placing ads. This is an effective way to attract new followers quickly.
You may also be interested:
16 Instagram REELS ideas for jewelry stores (no dancing required)
There are many techniques for gaining more followers on Instagram, but it all boils down to being patient and finding what works for you and experimenting and working consistently. If you want consistent Instagram growth, you must provide quality content to your target audience.
In addition, you should note that followers on Instagram are not your ultimate goal. In addition to the number of followers, the engagement rate of your posts (comments, likes, shares, favorites) is also an important indicator. All these metrics can help you improve your Instagram marketing strategy and succeed on this social platform.
If you would like to know more about marketing business or wholesale tips, visit Nihaojewelry and follow us!