BOCA RATON — A high-end jewelry store, a designer women’s clothing store, an athletic apparel shop and a luxury swimwear and summer clothing store are now open at Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall, with four more stores coming in the next few months.
The store openings arrive despite the coronavirus pandemic upending the apparel industry and shopping centers. After two years of dealing with social distancing, masks and uneasiness, the mall plans to welcome a host of new retailers across dining, entertainment and fashion.
Even before the pandemic, malls were confronting declining numbers of shoppers as customers turned to the internet and cheaper outlets.
More:Tricera purchases Boca Raton office building near Town Center for $20 million
More:After FAU opens new dorm, Boca Raton suggests giving nearby street a ‘college town atmosphere’
More:After historic hotel’s $200 million renovation, The Boca Raton reveals airy, luxurious look
But while many malls took a hit the past two years, the Town Center Mall, anchored by upscale companies Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue, has been able to thrive, according to Salvador Saldaña, the mall’s general manager.
“We haven’t lost a beat,” Saldaña said. “In fact, we’ve continued to flourish because of our five-star mentality. When a shopper comes in, we have to meet that expectation. We have to meet their demands in order for us to continue to be a successful shopping center.”
Here’s a look at the four new stores
● Crown of Light – Diamond rings, earrings and accessories. Located near Bloomingdale’s.
● Donna Karan – Ready-to-wear designs and private, as well as virtual shopping appointments. Located near Bloomingdale’s.
● lululemon (expansion) – The athletic apparel brand has more than doubled its space from a 3,000 to 7,000 square foot store. Located near Bloomingdale’s.
● Vilebrequin – A French luxury brand that specializes in swimwear and ready-to-wear. Located in the Nordstrom Court.
Four more stores are opening soon
● The Blue Dog Cookhouse & Bar – This casual dining serving up locally sourced, classic recipes with a modern twist. Located near The Container Store.
● Läderach Chocolatier Suisse – Artisanal Swiss chocolates as well as a large variety of pralines and truffles. Located near Bloomingdale’s.
● OFFLINE by Aerie – An activewear brand opening its first location in Palm Beach County. Located near Macy’s.
● Mayor’s – The remodeled and expanded store with a selection of fine jewelry and timepieces. Located near Center Court.